I glanced at the front page of the N.Y. TIMES today and there's a
positively wierd story: the good gray TIMES tells us that
it's no longer the colonial powers (England, France, etc.) that
run Africa, it's no longer the superpowers (the US & some other
country whose name I forget :-)) that run Africa.  No -- the
new outsiders dictating policy to the Africans are the bankers!
Maybe I didn't get to the rest of the story where the TIMES tells
us that this is a good thing...

A thought: the distinction between a "fact" and a "value" is that
the former appears in the news section of the TIMES while the
latter appears in the editorials.

in value-free (or is it worthless?) solidarity,

Jim Devine
[EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Econ. Dept., Loyola Marymount Univ., Los Angeles, CA 90045-2699 USA
310/338-2948 (daytime, during workweek); FAX: 310/338-1950