Friends:

While I have been expecting this news for sometime, I had hoped that recent
developments in the grant world (I have been finalizing a major economics
education project for historically black universities with FIPSE) would
lead Hampton University to reconsider its decision to void my contract for
academic 1994/95.  As you can guess, I have just gotten the news that I am
unemployed.  I am going to Holland for Fall term where I will be guest
professor at the economics department and at Belle von Zuylen but Hampton
will not grant me a leave *without* pay.  Even though I am not surprised by
this I am a bit taken aback by such institutional shortsightedness.  If you
hear of any jobs, drop me a line.

Best,
Susan Feiner
summer phone and address: