Does anyone know of a good history/thought text that can be used in
an econ principles course.  Last term I taught a course, entitled
"Foundations of Economics" and used Collander and Landreth's text.  I
had hoped to teach the basic's of "technical" economics from this
text, while Heilbroner's would provide a broader background. The
Landreth text also costs almost $60, while Heilb's is much cheaper
(in $ terms only), and thus a burden to the students who all work.

Finally, I just wrote a piece for Labor Notes, entitled,
"Reengineering Academia:  The Adjunctization of College Teaching."
Have any union locals tried to challenge the use of part-time
academics (such as myself).  It seems that the tenured econ faculty
out there could do us underemployed brethen a solid if you could
force a "de-accreditation" of institutions that use a lot of adjuncts
 For those who are not in the job market - there is a DEPRESSION out
there.  College administrators are behaving exactly as Roger Smith
et. al. and are out to generate cashflow on the backs of us part-
timers.

Let's get organized on this or at least start making some noise!!!

Give me some feedback on the above.

Jason Hecht
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
48 West 68th Street, Apt. 3A