Ajit said this today:

>Mandela has a serious job at hand, and he does
>need a lot of capital, like it or not. Now where is he supposed to get capital
>from?

around 80 per cent of arable land is owned by whites. the majority of the
wealth is owned by a smaller set of whites. the lifestyle of the professional
white is well heeled, and that of the unemployed black township dweller is very
bleak. the tax system is rather unprogressive.

they could get a boost of capital immediately by appropriate redistribution of
income and wealth, and by introducing a law to stop wealth leaving the country
in droves as wealthy whites stash their cast and art etc in places like OZ. i
wish to death my own government would ban the entry of these resources! taking
an IMF/WB route will never see the townships cleared of the slums nor the
current generation of unemployed and soon to be unemployed blacks in dignified
work.

kind regards
bill

 William F. Mitchell            Telephone: +61-49-215027      .-_|\
 Department of Economics                   +61-49-705133     /     \    about
 The University of Newcastle    Fax:       +61-49-216919     \.--._/*<-- here
 Callaghan   NSW  2308                                            v
 Australia                      Email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]