I'm holding my breath, but it looks like that most pioneer/libertarian state
of all, my home of Alaska, may buck the tide: We very well may elect a democrat
governor who favors single-payer health care for the state among other things.
Don't get me wrong; he is not a progressive. Sykes, the Green Party candidate,
was but had no chance from the start (surprise). Those of you in Virginia, Cal-
ifornia etc. can take heart: Some people believe that the reason we may elect a
semi-moderate deomcrat is that we put up with the shame governor of Wally
Hickle for the past 4 years.
Bill Brown
[EMAIL PROTECTED]