Doug Orr writes concerning the apparent problem that some messages
aren't received by all of us on PEN-L:

> I think we have a way to test this.  I have the sense from past exchanges
> that Gil Skillman is almost as fanatic about saving msgs as I am.  Several
> people have made reference to his comments on the election;  comment that
> I never received.  Gil, do you have a record of where you posted your
> election comments?  Was it PKT?  was is PENL?  or both?

Doug's sure right on the first point--the only reason my browsing
file contains only 1163 past messages is that it overloads past 1200.
Anyway, I'm only on one net, PEN-L (for reason why, see previous
statement).  So if everybody here didn't get my post on the election,
something may indeed be haywire.

NB:  Note, though, that my election comments were at the end on a
post on a different subject, "Atlas plugged".  So people may have
either blipped the election comments entirely or only scanned the
first part of the message.

Gil Skillman