I seem to recall in Kapital I a line about capitalists shedding
crocodile tears.  As I remember, this occurs in a discussion of
capitalist resistance to limitations on the length of the working
day and related regulations of labor.  Marx points out that
although capitalists cried out that regulations would ruin them,
in fact, their profits increased (through relative surplus value
production).

However, I may have made this up (about the crocodile tears), or
perhaps it occurs in the course of an entirely different
discussion, for I am unable to find it.

Can anyone help with a specific reference in this regard?

Much obliged.

Blair Sandler 80 Duncan St. #1 San Francisco, CA  94110
415.282.2163 [EMAIL PROTECTED]