Dear Pen-lers,
              thanks to about 20 persons who have already responded to the call
 for solidarity posted yesterday. I expect the number to grow during the weeked
n as more people read their email and other start posting the call to acquainta
nces and other appropriate lists. Several of those who contacted me have indica
ted that they are forwarding the call to other places. I will be forwarding the
 names to the union in Mexico City as they arrive. I hope to hear during the we
ekend news regarding the latest developments on the union-UAM negotiations, and
 I will post them here. If others, particularly Mexican participants, want to u
pdate us regarding the university strikes in Mexico, that would be most welcome
       In solidarity, Ricardo Grinspun.