As a non-academic who has been lurking on PEN-L for a few weeks, I'd
like to make a request of you professorial types.

For some preliminary work on a journalistic book on changes in the
nature of work, I need to go back and review labor-economics theory. I'd
like to know what texts in the field are being used most widely these
days so I can get a grasp of the current conventional wisdom (if there
is any) from both the orthodox and progressive prospectives.

Also, if anyone has a good curriculum/reading list on labor economics that
could be e-mailed to me, I would be very grateful.

Philip Mattera
[EMAIL PROTECTED]