Friends: I am posting an announcement of a new
progressive book series to be published by Lynne Rienner
Publishers and edited by me.  I am posting this
announcement to the Pen-L, IPE and Caribbean Economy
lists.  Please feel free to inform interested colleagues of the
new series and to post this announcement to lists other
than the three mentioned.  Thanx and cheers,  Jim Dietz

****************

ANNOUNCING A NEW SERIES!!!

CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON LATIN AMERICA'S
ECONOMY AND SOCIETY

Series Editor: James L. Dietz, California State University,
Fullerton

Editorial Advisory Board:Victor Bulmer-Thomas, Institute of
Latin American Studies, University of London; Gary Gereffi,
Sociology, Duke University; Osvaldo Sunkel, CEPAL,
Santiago, Chile; Janet Tanski,Economics, New Mexico
State University.

Focusing on the broad theme of sustainable and equitable
development in Latin America and the Caribbean, this new
series seeks to promote and publish research that
addresses the need for institution building in the region, for
improved public policy, and for innovative strategies of
economic, political and social restructuring.

Studies that incorporate an assessment of the impact of
orthodox economic models and the neoclassical experiment
are especially welcome -- for example, in the context of
such issues as economic polarization among regions,
classes, and along ethnic and gender divides; environmental
degradation; `development' vs. `international
competitiveness'; and so on -- are especially encouraged.

Proposals may be submitted to the series editor, Professor
James Dietz, Department of Economics, California State
University, Fullerton, CA 92634-9480, USA (E-mail:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]; Fax: 714-773-3097): or to
Lynne Rienner at Lynne Rienner Publishers, 1800 30th
Street, Suite 314, Boulder, CO 80301, USA.