This is just a bibliographic footnote to the rationality discussion. For
those interested, as I was/am, in Jim Devine's suggestion that
Aristotelian phronesis is an alternative to rational choice theory worth
considering, there are several contemporary philosophers to check out.
Martha Nussbaum, especially the Fragility of Goodness, is important. So
is Elizabeth Anderson's Value in Ethics and Economics and virtually
anything by Charles Taylor, especially Sources of the Self. I've already
mentioned Susan Hurley's Natural Reasons. I don't agree with Gil Skillman
that challenging the rationality hypothesis has no importance for leftists.