Call for Papers and Participants

URPE Sessions at the Eastern Economic Association Meetings

March 17-19,1995, Roosevelt Hotel, New York City

        Its still not too late to participate in the URPE sessions at the
Eastern Economic Association this March. We still need papers
and discussants, as well as chairs. Below you will find listed the
partially completed panels for which we still need both papers
and discussants. All of this must be wrapped up within the next few days
if it is to be included in the EEA mailing, so please
respond as soon as possible (preferably by e-mail; fax is second
best).
        If you know of people who you think might be interested in
participating in these panels, especially people who will be in New York
City during March 17-19, please let me know (or contact them).
        Please respond directly to me:

Mark Weisbrot
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

fax: Department of Economics, (217) 581-6247
Phone (217) 581-6968;  345-4983 (home)

The subjects for the panels, along with currently available information on
papers and participants, are listed below:

1.  The IMF, the World Bank, and Structural Adjustment

Esmail Hosseinzadeh,  Structural Adjustment Program and Inflation
Controversy in Iran: Domestic Money Supply or Balance of Payments Problems?

Asghar Adelzadeh,  On Structural Adjustment in South Africa

Discussants:  Cheryl Payer
                   Phillip LeBel

2. The Internationalization of Capital

Cyrus Bina,  A Prelude to Internationalization of the Post-War Economy

Kamran Nayeri,  On Causes and Consequences of Internationalization of
Capital and Economic Integration: Contributions of Steven Hymer

Discussant:  Antony D'Costa

3.  Recent Research in Competition, Growth, and Crisis:

Mary C. Malloy,  Long Wave Recoveries in Historical Perspective

Katherine Kazanas,   Is This A Long Wave Recovery?

Discussant:  Anwar Shaikh

4. The Mexican Economic Crisis: Implications for Mexico and the
Future of the Neoliberal Experiment

Papers:
David Barkin
Colin Danby

5. Heterodox Economists in the Economics Profession

Paper by Loretta S. Wilson and Victor Kasper, Jr

6. Appropriate Technology and Development

7. Issues in Marxian Value Theory

Sue Himmelweit,  A Critique of the Concept of the Value of Labor-Power

8. The Political Economy of Haiti: At the Crossroads?

Proposed papers which have not yet found their way into a panel are on the
subjects of  (1) pragmatism and realism in social science (2) the medical
instrument and supply industry (3) a critique of Schumpeter's theory of
capitalist decline (4) the contributions of William Blake

New panels can also be created and are welcomed.  All
inquiries will get a response within 12 hours, and I will e-mail
registration forms for the conference to all participants.

Please respond as soon as possible.  Thanks,

Mark Weisbrot