Can anyone help identify for me recent analysis of the impacts of government
measures to take youth off welfare.  In particular, the impact of removing
young people from eligibility to welfare under a specified age, and making
youth dependent on their families instead of the state.  Also, any analysis
of impacts of "workfare" schemes and changes to unemployment/welfare
benefits that require young people to work or train to receive allowances.
I am mainly concerned to show the negative effects on child, youth and
family poverty of some of these schemes, and the alternatives to "workfare"
that have succeeded in reducing youth unemployment rates without
stigmatizing and using young people as forced labour..
Any help pen-l colleagues can provide would be greatly appreciated.
Rupert Downing
[EMAIL PROTECTED]