Is there anything to the notion of Kondratiev waves?
I tend to be skeptical, since the underlying technology
of society changes so much during the 50-year "cycle"
and because of the impact of large political events
(World War Two for example), that such a large scale
cycle could be governing the world economy.
Some "marxists" I know swear by Kondratiev's thesis,however.
Is there any real basis to it, in economic theory,
Marxist or otherwise?

-Andy English
Phoenix Arizona