Doug forgot to add, in his list of two sided keyneses: the heterosexual or
the homosexual.

     I think the budget debate is important in that the gap represents the
inability of the existing government in a capitalist country to hold things
together, and examining where the budget gap has come from could probably
help illuminate how to explain the failings of the capitalist system to
non-economists, non-marxists, non-intellectuals.  I'm not sure at all that
this particular debate did any of those things, ...... but I find that part
of the problem with marxists and lefties -- unreformed, reformed and in the
closet -- in general in that the only people they really talk to is
themselves, in turgid and endless terms.  At least this debate was partially
founded in reality since it was centered around a real world phenomena.
 maggie coleman [EMAIL PROTECTED]