John Weeks, hmmm. I have a bone to pick with this guy anyhow. I arranged
a debate between contra supporter and DSA member Paul Berman and a
pro-Sandinista expert. NACLA proposed Weeks and I lined him up. Hundreds
of people came expecting a debate. Berman pushed his horrible stuff as
you might expect. But Weeks sprang a surprise on us. The substance of his
talk was that the Sandinistas were not revolutionary at all, but much
more like the Mexican ruling party: reformist and nationalist. Boy, was I
burnt. If the guy only had the honesty to tell me up-front what his views
were. All he wanted was a forum for his bullshit.

Louis