Reply to Barkley, who says:

>      I did not throw out dialectics.  I fully agree with
> your analysis of it, including especially its use/interpretation
> in modern nonlinear dynamics.

I suspected that, Barkley. :-)

But all the same -

> ........The issue is the extension of
> dialectics derived from historical materialism to everything,
> as with Plekhanov-Lenin-Stalin.  Thus scientific truth is to
> be judged according to class analysis, the classic example being
> the argument that Lysenko was right ....

This is just one of several instances throughout history of misusing
political theory and philosophy for state power purposes, and this has
happened not only with marxism. What I still want to know is why
especially DIALECTICS have been so dangerous (useful) in the hands of
Stalin, as opposed to f.inst. such topics in Marxism as "class
struggle", "leading role of the proletariat", etc. ? They have also been
extensively misused.

Trond Andresen