"Could it be that the concentration of wealth in fewer and fewer hands means
that the rich need less young to pass the wealth on to?  maggie coleman
[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

About concentration of wealth...

There was an interestng TV doccumentary I saw in Canada a few years back
about Ageing and immortality. It contained an interview with a business man
who believed that a drug to prevent ageing would be discovered in his life
time. The interviewer asked him about the consequences on the population if
people lived, say, for 200-500 years. He didn't see any problems, we just
regulate the fertility of women! he propesed a drug be prescribed during
childhood to contain fertility, then on maturity - each woman could be
allowed to have a child providing they passed various tests of "social
responsibility". ! It was all said in earnest, this guy thought he was simply
solving a social probelem.

The doccumentary had may other insights into the effects of the
intergenrational wealth concentration as a consequence of reduced ageing. I
wonder I others have seen it or know of some resourecs on this topic, I'd be
interested.

Peter Robertson

[EMAIL PROTECTED]