Dear Penners,

A faculty member who was to lead a semester long Lewis and Clark College
student trip to Scotland in fall 1996-97 has been forced to pull out.  I
am being encouraged to step in and am trying to decide what to do.  The
University of Glasgow will be the host institution.  I know very little
about or anyone in Scotland and wonder if anyone knows people at the
University who would be good contacts or if anyone has some good
recommendations of things to read that would help me or the students
better understand the current social situation and political
debates/thinking/activities in Scotland.

Please respond to me, Marty Hart-Landsberg, at marty@lclark, and not to
the list.

Thanks for whatever help, suggestions, or contacts anyone can offer.

Marty