Among many British academics the Conservative Party is often
referred to as the Stupid Party--perhaps this has some historical
link to the quote below, but I don't know.  The last poll I saw
on the subject put voting support among university lecturers
for the Tories in the single figures.

Peter Burns SJ
[EMAIL PROTECTED]