I, for one, don't think that capitalism has the answers; while I support
reforms within it, it seems clear to me that an economy centered in
and controlled by capital, with its focus on profits and growth, and
exploitation of labor and the environment, isn't the best we can do.

I also don't believe in changing our name for resume purposes,
but then I never closeted my radicalism and was able to get a job
and tenure in spite of that.  I know others have faced anti-radical
discrimination, but how can one avoid that if one does radical work?
ANd if the content of one's research isn't radical, but is presented
or published through URPE, then isn't that patently obvious to the
readers?

Julie Matthaei
Wellesley College