>>> Mike Meeropol <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  1/19/96, 06:36am
Just ONE THOUGHT on Terry's post responding to Blair:
[snip]
I know this uses the neoclassical approach but one way I have tried
to bring home to me students the importance of what Terry has stated
in this paragraph is to ask them to consider the VALUE of the
enironment in which we humans must live to be INFINITE. [end quote]

Lisa asks: And do they buy it?  I expect that some might 'value' the
private profits [or even the social housing-use] from one more
sub-division as greater than the 'value' of one of the few remaining
burrowing owl colonies in the area.  [For a real example from my neck
of the woods.]