I don't know how economics courses are taught these days, but one method
of teaching some of use, I notice especially in the labor field, is
problems and simulations.  The students get into the role play and seem
to learn their labor law much better than a more traditional walk
through, exegesis, and discussion of the text.  Could you give them a
range of readings, give them a fact pattern, and then have your students
assigned to argue and counter arguments from others from within an
assigned point of view?  And my apologies if this is what everyone in
economics does these days.

ellen

Ellen J. Dannin
California Western School of Law