Terry erroneously says that the agency-structure dualism presupposes that
agency belongs to only to individuals. It's true that the discussion so
far of agents has only mentioned individual agents. Terry is right to say
that for Marx classes can be agents. This is not unproblematic, since of
course classes act only through the agency of their constituent individual
members. But I think is is true. However, the agency-structure dualism
applies here too. Class and other group agents face structural constraints
on their choices and actions. This part of what is meant, for instance,m
when we say a situation is (or is not) revolutionary.

--Justin