I haven't had so much fun since a bunch of latter-day Anarcho-Pagans
called me provocateur and police agent. O.K., O.K. I can see I'm not
welcome here. Unless I get positive feedback from other subscribers, Pen-l
won't have me to kick it around anymore. *That's* my gambit. I'm not in it
for the gratuitous abuse.

Roger Odisio wrote,

> Typical email gambit, I see.  Create a strawman position (Max, I, and
> others aren't merely answering the "arithmetic" question about
> progressivity, but "seem to be arguing" for some claim of distributive
> justice), attribute it to others, and whack away.  But you've added a
> novel twist, at least.  That strawman you've created is so unworthy, you
> say, you refuse to talk about it!

> I can't think of anything further I could possibly want to say on the
> topic of progressivity, Tom, including in response to whatever it is you
> can dream up to say about my last two messages.  Bye.

Tom Walker