Dear subscribers,

I was wondering if any of you could suggest excellent, left-leaning,
wide-ranging books and/or articles on Pacific Rim political economy
of the last 20 years. There's a good section on it in Arrighi's latest,
but I'm looking for more. I was especially interested in a regional
level of analysis, not a comparative national one -- the interface between
W. Coast U.S., E. Asia, and even C. America and Chile, and so on.

Thanks in advance for your help.

John L. Gulick
U. California-Santa Cruz Sociology Graduate Program

Research interest: eco-Marxist sociology of the built environment,
port authority competition on the West Coast of North America

e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]