I haven't looked at the Cambridge debate for about 20 years, but it seems
to me that one of the issues raised therein was the question of
production functions and the units to be placed on capital. In other
words, what does a production function containing $X of machinery mean?

Or am I confusing this issue with something else?

Sid Shniad