Here is the big apple (I am -- for myself -- vehemently opposed to living
anywhere where I have to drive for everything), one of the best known
subsidizations of the burbs is public transportation.  Now, I forget the
exact figures, but anyone can certainly get them from either the Urban League
or the Strap Hangers League, but, subway and bus riders in the inner city pay
roughly 90% of the cost of their transportation while those commuting in on
Metro North, LIRR, and Jersey Transit pay less than 60% of the cost of their
transportation.  So, the inner city minorities are subsidizing the
transportation of the primarily white suburbs.  Hmmmm, what is wrong with
this picture??

thus ends my blurbs on the burbs (heh, heh, heh)

maggie coleman [EMAIL PROTECTED]