On Tue, 22 Feb 2000, Brad De Long wrote:

> I think that Weber is arguing for parliamentary democracy by saying
> that only if each individual is a co-ruler--a Herr--can the nation's
> people be a master race--a Herrenvolk.

"Herr" means, literally, "Mister", and also "Master" and "Lord", in the
British sense of a squire ("Ah, here comes young Master James...").
"Herrlich" means "splendid". The term has a bourgeois ring to it, all in
all.

So what's your angle on your talk on the US decline? Does, like, the EU
get to repossess New York if things go sour on Wall Street, or
something like that?

-- Dennis