>However, I came accross this particularly ridiculous statement in one of the
>chapters I'm reading:  "The median income of all individual stockholders is
>not dramatically higher than the median income of all American families."

Median household income was $28,906 in 1989; according to the NYSE's 1990
shareholder survey, median income of the average stockholding household in
1989 was $43,800. That looks like 51% higher, which is pretty dramatic
where I come from.

According to the same survey, 1 in 4 adults owned stock, and nearly twice
as many men as women.

Doug

--

Doug Henwood