Sid's forwarded message about the HMO is heart breaking, but, not unusual.
 In fact, even insurance carriers not connected with hmos are stepping in and
over riding doctors orders -- as one can see by laws passed in Connecticut
and New Jersey requiring insurance to pay for a second night for mothers
completing normal natal deliveries.  My own mother, in her mid seventies, a
year ago went in for major surgery.  She was released after seven days with
the drains still in her for infection.  Only constant nursing by my step
father and neighbors and relatives kept her alive.  What the fuck, who needs
another seventy something year old broad anyhow?
maggie coleman [EMAIL PROTECTED]