Michael Perelman wrote:

> practical work that could be of use to others.  I wish that Max would
> keep us more informed about what EPI has on the table.

I wouldn't have thought that anybody would like me to
send even more messages to this list, even without my
political eccentricities attached.

The best way to keep track of EPI is to check into
our Web page, EPINET.ORG.  Besides various amusements
(such as a 'correction section' for economic articles
in the Washington Post, NY Times, and WSJ) our short
publications can be downloaded (free, of course) and our
other publications can be ordered.  I also recommend periodic
visits to the "Electronic Policy Network" page, EPN.ORG,
which includes links to other organizations doing sub-
stantive, liberal/progressive research, such as Citizens
for Tax Justice, the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities,
the Levy Institute, etc.

While I'm on this, I can tell you the next three big EPI
publications are books about privatization in local public
schools (by miraculous coincidence, I'm one of the co-
authors), our bi-annual "State of Working America" ("SWA"),
and the state of the left (by some guy named Jeff Faux).
SWA, which I regret I can't take any credit for,
will be a goldmine of data on important labor market
issues, particularly the evolution of the quality of jobs
and pay in the U.S.  We also have a report nearing com-
pletion on the disastrous effects of turning AFDC and
Medicaid into block grants.

The most important thing we've done in recent
months was hold a post-Keynesian jamboree on globalization
in which a number of recipients of this list participated.
I will get after Dean Baker to make sure that some kind
of account of this is posted on our Web page or here via
e-mail.

M.S.