He was also the point man in the war on Nicaragua, as Asst. Sec. of State for Latin America.  Lied to Congress and should have been indicted.

Mathew Forstater wrote:

 right, that must be it.  he also wrote a book after iran-contra in which he tried to (surpise, surpise) justify everything he did.
-----Original Message-----
From: Joel Blau <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wednesday, March 22, 2000 11:32 AM
Subject: [PEN-L:17326] Re: Re: Re: kBureaucracy, et centera, was Re: CP's Anti-Racist Discipline
 The magazine linneage goes back more to Commentary, because I think he is the son-in-law of Norman Podhoretz and Midge Decter.

Joel Blau

Mathew Forstater wrote:

Abrams?  I know thew one you're talking about, a truly repulsive guy who is
also related to one of the National Review or New Republic conservative
media families, I think.

--
Michael Perelman
Economics Department