Dear Femeconers and pen-lers;

As suggested by an earlier post, I called Lexis at 1-800-543-6862.  Indeed, I
gave the young woman who picked me up my ss# and she read me back my name,
phone number, current address, previous address, and birthdate.  My 'previous
address' was one I doubt even exists, I certainly never lived there!  My
birthdate was wrong as well.  She immediately offered to delete the
information but would give me no written confirmation nor a time frame as to
when this deletion would take place.

What upset me the most was that my ss#, which is supposed to be used for tax
purposes only, is being illegally used by an online network to which I have
never subscribed!!!  I mentioned to the lexis person that tracking people by
ss# is illegal and she went into a whole prepared speech about this being a
legitimate address locator.  If this is so, then why track people by ss# and
why record previous addresses?

I am going to write to the NY State Attorney general's office, fraud
division.  I would suggest other people do the same -- as far as I know,
Lexis is now in the business of extensively violating peoples privacy!!

maggie coleman [EMAIL PROTECTED]