Hans Ehrbar wrote:

> The fact that the list turned out to be an instrument of murder
> certainly has been a matter of great concern to the spoon collective.

Yes, I can imagine that the list becoming an "instrument of murder" might
now be of some concern to the Spoon Administration.

However, to my knowledge, no one has been murdered *yet* as a result of
goings-on on the marxism1 list. Am I mistaken?

When there were death threats in the Spring, I don't recall any  great
concern from the former and current moderators. Indeed, some went out of
their way to say how "valuable" the culprits were and how their rights to
"free speech" should not be interfered with. (this can be verified
by an examination of the marxism archives). Perhaps this was because
some of them identified with the Maoist supporters of the Shining Path
who were the ones issuing verdicts against list members and making death
threats. Evidently the tradition of opposing  "censorship" on the
marxism1 list was deemed to be more important than possible fatalities.

> But one thing Barkley did not quite say is this: due to these
> incidents, Quispe/Palomino has been exposed to the world wide Left as
> a police agent.  Quispe is not really a supporter of the Peruvian
> Communist Party, and Callero is apolitical.

*Where is the evidence that Quispe is a police agent* and that he and _The
New Flag_ are not really supporters of the Shining Path? Has the PCP
issued a statement to that effect?

Jerry