Subject:
       Offer of Internship
   Date:
       Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:16:23 +0200
  From:
       "Christoph Erdmenger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
    To:
       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Offer of Internship

Assistant in ICLEI’s Eco-Procurement and Eco-Efficient Economy
Programme

The International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI)
is seeking an intern for it’s Eco-Procurement Programme.

The internship offers a wide range of activities, among them in
particular editing of English texts for publications and web-sites.
Relevant projects include the set-up of an Internet ”Info Shop” on
research projects on regional eco-efficient economy, the adaptation
and translation of a German publication on green purchasing and
the preparation of international EcoProcura® events. Furthermore
ongoing activities for the EcoProcura® magazine and the European
Municipal Green Purchasers Network will be in the scope of the
internship.

Please find further information at
http://www.iclei.org/europe/ecoprocura.

Internships at ICLEI are particularly interesting for all those who
wish to later work in international organisations, local authorities
and their associations, consultancies for local authorities and
training institutions.

Conditions

The duration of the internship is 6 months and should begin
between 1.5.00 and 1.6.00. A reimbursement of personal costs of
600€/month is possible.

Skills required

Education:knowledge of environmental science, law, technology
and/or economy e.g. through studies in a relevant field, such as
law, political science, economics, administrative science,
geography, etc.,

Editing skills in English language,

Practical experience with political organisations, foreign countries
and/or organisational tasks are welcomed,

Organisational skills: communicative competence, ability to work in
a self-organised way within a team, computing skills in MS Office
and electronic communication

Languages:very good English, preferably mother-tongue, as well as
good command of German.

Please apply before 10.05.00 in writing, including CV, motivation
and photo.

The International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI),
European Secretariat, Eschholzstrasse 86, D-79115 Freiburg/
Germany Fax:    +49-761 / 36 89 2-19 E-mail:iclei-europe@iclei-
europe.org

What is ICLEI?

As a membership association, ICLEI is an international community
of about 350 local authorities dedicated to achieving tangible
improvements in the global environment. In Europe some 140 local
authorities and 9 national municipal associations have joined ICLEI.

ICLEI members are interested in and working towards measurable
environmental performance. These members work together to
develop new models and tools for addressing priority environmental
problems and disseminate these results through ICLEI's networks
and international campaigns. ICLEI serves as the international
environmental agency for local government, offering research,
technical assistance and training services to its member local
authorities as well as to other local, regional, national and
European authorities.

The types of services provided by ICLEI on a contractual basis
include: pilot and demonstration projects, research, development
projects as well as studies, organisation of international
conferences, seminars, workshops, study tours and exchanges,
development assistance projects in Africa, Asia and Latin America,
fee-for-service technical consulting in key management areas to
individual local governments.

--

Michael Perelman
Economics Department