>  >
>>if the (neo)liberals in government (a group that included Brad
>>awhile ago) would push to adequately compensate workers who lose
>>their jobs due to trade-related problems (not to mention capital
>>flight), then you would see many fewer unions and pro-union folks
>>siding with slimy folks like Milliken.
>
>Give me Speaker Gephardt and Majority Leader Daschle, and we would do it...
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>We should all hope so, but why didn't our boyz
>Foley and Mitchell 'do it' in 1993?
>
>mbs

Damned if I know...

I remember people wanting to stack striker replacement between the
budget (with the EITC) and NAFTA, before health care began. The
arguments I always heard from the White House were that it would be
easier to do striker replacement after health care was won...

I still remember the days when Bill Clinton used to argue that in the
context of rapidly-rising income inequality the Democrats could not
afford to nominate someone as conservative as Paul Tsongas. And I
fell for it.

No more unknown governors from small southern states...

Brad DeLong