[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I _very_ dimly recall a post here, perhaps as much
> as 2 or 3 years ago, about a group in Los Angeles
> trying to organize workers and/or residents in a
> specific geographic area of Los Angeles heavy with
> industry.  Does anyone recall that group?  Was the
> area related in any way to the Alameda Corridor?
> Anyone have any idea who I'm talking about?

You might be referring to LAMAP, for Los Angeles
Manufacturing Action Project, which focuses on
immigrant workers.  Here is some information on them:

LAMAP Office
3114 E Gage Avenue
213-585-4596

William Kramer
UCLA LAMAP Coordinator
1001 Gayley Avenue--2nd Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90024
310-794-0698 (phone)
310-794-8017 (fax)
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (email)

LAMAP is discussed periodically on the Labor
Party mailing list, which is open to all and can
be subscribed to with the magic words:

subscribe LABR.PARTY-L

in the body of a message sent to:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hope you find what you need.

MS

Max B. Sawicky                  202-775-8810 (voice)
Economic Policy Institute       202-775-0819 (fax)
1660 L Street, NW               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Suite 1200
Washington, DC  20036