> From:          Gerald Levy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> A prerequisite for giving any theory hell by critiquing it is first
> *understanding* that theory.

well... 'Understanding' denotes there is a certain 'logic'
underneath. What if there is any ? What if the so-called theory is a
non-theory, as pomos themselves pretend by aiming at being the
quintessence of  'deconstructionism' (of every theory, and consequently
-'logically'- theirs as well ). In brief, what if 'that theory' is a non-sense??

> I haven't heard Doug give a critique of *any*
> of the writers that he refers to. I have only heard him *dismiss*
> those writers and their theories. Perhaps he does have a critique of
> post-modernism but so far it reads more like sounding off between
> beers.

I think Doug can defend himself well. As far as myself is concerned,
I am going to hang his piece on my door at the ISS; just to
'provocate' those newly appering 'fast track pomos' around. From your
reaction, it seems it works well.

Salud,

Alex

Alex Izurieta