Regarding the law of value
>you seem pretty close to equating competition with commodity production
>itself.  Am I correct?
>
>Paul Z.
____________________________
This is a curved ball, and I don't know whether i can do justice to the
question in the hurry I'm right now. But let me try. In capitalism, as long
as there is commodity production, competition will be an aspect of it. In a
simple commodity production system, a mobility of labor from one branch to
another must be assumed for the law of value to operate. It may not be
called competition but it performs the same purpose. But what about
"commodity production" in societies were occupations are more rigid--like
traditional Hindu caste society? Here we will have some problem. My first
impulse is to not think of production in such division of labor situation as
"commodity production". Cheers, ajit sinha