dear friends,

my wife and my daughter work at a daycare center. the center is affiliated
with a university hospital.  the hospital, however, has contracted out the
management of the center to a large, for-profit provider called
kindercare.  the workers, the parents (mostly people employed by the
hospital doctors, etc. plus some low-income parents), and the hospital are
quite unhappy with kindercare's policies.  the hospital is now looking for
another provider.  some of the workers broached the idea of running the
center themselves, as a collective.  they need to come up with some sort
of proposal soon.  the hospital expressed some interest in the idea.  what
is needed are some references for the workers to read to get a clearer
idea of what all is involved in worker control.  does anyone out there
have any references?  on worker-run daycare particularly but on any
similar type of venture?  any help will be much appreciated.

michael yates
[EMAIL PROTECTED]