The main reason SS is running into problems is that it is not a funded
account, it is an account which pays benefits out of current spending.
 Shifting it over to a funded account would resolve the problem.  Even a few
years of partial funding would significantly reduced the possibility of ss
going broke.  The thing is, all the vultures in Congress was to sponsor
privatized funding of the program so that everyone and his uncle can dip
their little fingers into the pie.  A publically funded pool would be more
effectively monitored.

maggie coleman [EMAIL PROTECTED]