Max B. Sawicky wrote:

>You don't get down here much, do you?
>
>We've got statues of Confederate war heroes (sic) honored
>by placement in public squares, state governments fly the
>stars and bars, so why not a Confederate History Month?
>(don't ask me what 'confederate history' is supposed
>to mean, as opposed to 'civil war history'.)

They would call it "War Between The States" history.

My Yankee mind was stunned by my first ride down Monument Ave in
Richmond. The monuments are of Confederate generals, one after
another, on horseback. They face one way if they died during the war,
and the other if they didn't; can't remember which earned the
northern exposure.

Doug