At 19:29 11/05/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I have the highest regard for Theodor Bergmann, the 84 year old editor of
>the Hamburg-based magazine "Sozialismus," who spoke last night at the
>Brecht Forum on "The German Anti-Nazi Left".

Did he say anything about the expulsion of the rightist opposition from the
German party, under Comintern influence in, I think, 1922-3?

>Bergmann was a member of the youth group of the Left Communists in the
>1920s

 From what little I know of this group of German marxist thinkers they
would not so much say that one position was always correct, versus another,
but that the quality of the inner life of the party was important.

Chris Burford

London