Shawgi writes;
>A study of the conditions as they prevail on the world scale shows
>that the main content of the present counter-revolution is the all-
>sided pressure to "liquidate" i.e. get rid of, whatever positive
>achievements have been made by modern society. This attack takes
>the form of the anti-social offensive and is, essentially, all-
>sided wrecking activity on the part of imperialism and the
>bourgeoisie to undermine and destroy whatever positive achievements
>have been made by humankind during the twentieth century.

The above is at best very one side.In fact it has no political context what
so ever!
The present offensive must be seen in the counter-revolution that took place
in the Soviet Union and eastern block countries. Not having to deal with the
former Soviet Union and eastern block countries under Stalinist leadership
the international bougeoisie has gone to attack to take back many of the
reforms that the existence of the soviet union and East Block countries were
responsible for. I mean this pie in the sky shit and the many reforms after
the second world war was in fact just a sop in order to prevent the
expansion of Soviet rule--even in a bureaucratic bizarr way that the
Stalinists tried to introduce "planned economies" on the point of the guns
of the victorious Red Army.

And in reply to the rest of this letter I would like to argue that the
general crisis that the left has been thrown into with the demise of
Stalinism and the desertion of Social Democracy into the arms of the
bougeoisie is that a regroupment of forces is neccessary who can break with
the politics of the Stalinists and Mensheviks in order to create and
organisation Internationally that can lead the working class forward in its
daily struggles.Naturally the condition for this is that the left break with
the politics of Stalinism and reformism. Because what we have today in fact
is a cloning of just those kind of politics.

PS; In another letter Shawgi tells us that it is the working class itself
that must make the revolution. OK I am for that on the basis of its position
in society connected to the Marxist analisis. But that is NOT enough! A
combat party is neccessary in order to lead and be the historical memory
bank of the working class.

Bob Malecki

Check Out My HomePage where you can,

Read the book! Ha Ha Ha McNamara,
Vietnam-My Bellybutton is my Crystalball!

Or Get The Latest Issue of,

COCKROACH, a zine for poor and working-class people

HTTP://WWW.ALGONET.SE/~MALECKI

If The links are not working you can write to me
from my home page and get the latest issue of COCKROACH!