I would like to register a strong dissent about AMERICA: WHAT WENT
WRONG?  The book presents excellent information about declining wages,
rampaging inequality, etc. in an engaging, easy to understand way (this
is the good part), but its analysis is *terrible*.  They blame
everything on corrupt politicians and an out-of-control federal
government.  I suppose one could use this book and then try to lead
students to a different analysis, but why add more twisted politics to a
course that already has to cope with a mainstream econ text?  I'm
waiting for Bill Greider's new book to come out in paper.

Peter Dorman