It may or may not be a hoax (though my inclination is that it is).  While
it is more or less impossible to send a virus as an email message, it is
possible to send a virus as an email attachment with some email
programs; for example, a viewer might recognize an attachment with a ".com"
extension as a DOS executable file and execute it upon viewing.  The
general lesson there is, don't execute an attachment unless
you know the person who sent it.

Perhaps more indicative is the fact that the original message is
unsigned.  It is unwise to take at face value (and bad netiquette to
forward) a message about a virus unless it has been forwarded by a
credible system administrator.

I bet this isn't the last we'll be seeing of this message. :(

YFT[Deleting all system files, please wait...],
Tavis