>As an aside it is inaccurate to state that Ms Waring was the
>only women member of parliament at the time of her election and
>I would be interested in the source of this particular
>statement.

I thought this was stated in the video.  I could be mistaken.

I happened to watch this Marilyn Waring video on Public TV last
Tuesday evening here in SF.  Because they did not give the date
of Marilyn Waring's book, or the date of the video (at the
beginning of the thing -- I didn't watch til the very end -- and
I am  a little miffed at KQED about this because I feel they
misled the viewer into thinking that the video was recent), I
managed to assume that this was a new book, currently published,
and a new video.  I thought I was telling everybody something
new, but very abruptly discovered that it was old hat.  1988
seems like the stone age to me at this point.  Soo, I'm a little
embarrassed about all this.  Also, I have not been a close
follower of "feminist economics."  Thus the Waring name was new
to me.

However, I now know much more about Marilyn Waring.  Thank you
for your information.

Curtis Moore
San Francisco
facilitator of the conference <econ.democracy> on PeaceNet