I would like to thank Shawgi for posting Fidel's speech and
the Granma article on the net.  I would also like to point out,
in furtherence of his previous posting about Walmart's decision
to take Cuban made PJ's out of their Canadian stores, that the
company under Canadian pressure decided to sell Cuban PJs again
but that now the American government is again trying to enforce
US law in Canada by pressuring (prosecuting?) Walmart's American
head office.  This is the most intolerable form of American
imperialism that I can imagine.  It disgusts me that Americans
put up with such clearly anti-humane behaviour on the part of
their government.

I suspect that one of the major reasons why Canada has continued
to support Cuba is that we would like to have the guts to stand up
to the American bully, but that since we don't, we will cheer on
the little guy who has the courage to do so.  If this is so,
"Three cheers!".

Paul Phillips,
Economics,
University of Manitoba