Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 13:59:58 -0600 (CST)
From: BAIMAN <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Jerry M. Landay" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Anti-trust

Jerry,

        The works I'm most familiar with in this area are: Michael Best
THE NEW COMPETITION , I believe from 1989, presents a different view that
the classic anti-trust approach.  Bennett Harrison LEAN AND MEAN on more
recent industrial organization, not so much anti-trust.  Alfred Chandler
THE VISIBLE HAND among many other works is the pre-eminent econmic
historian of industiral organization  who also is more postive about U.S.
big business in the post-war era than most anti-trust types.  THere is
also CONRTRIVED COMPETITION , i forget the author but he teaches at
Harvard I believe and came out a few years ago.

        I'll post on radical econ list to wee what else comes up.

Cheers, and Good Luck!

Ron